Work stress can cause pain, just like all stress can.
Since we don’t like having pain, we want to eliminate as much stress as possible.
Here are 7 steps to start lowering your stress level now.
1. Start reducing your stress level outside of work. When you are calmer at home,that will carry over and you will feel more calm at work. The same tools that work at home will help you feel less stressed at your job.
2. Learn how to breathe for relaxation. Practice at home in bed. At work, sit up straight and do the same deep belly breaths you practiced in bed. Count to four on the inhale, slowly, hold for four, and exhale to the count of four. Let your neck relax. Let it rock gently front to back as you breathe. Repeat several times.
3. You are very good at what you do. Remember that. Keep reminding yourself. You are good! Negative self-talk causes stress.
4. Take frequent stretch breaks. Get your arms up and back. Open up the front of your body like a cat or dog does when they stretch. This will get the blood flowing again, you will feel more energized and less stressed.
5. Lift your shoulders up and roll them back, while your arms are hanging at your sides. You can do this often at your desk. It helps release muscle tension in your neck and shoulders. Less muscle discomfort equals less stress.
6. Learn to meditate, visualize or pray. Take a few minutes every hour to recharge your mind by going to your safe place, in your mind, for a mini-break or to bask in the warmth of God’s grace. Sit up straight, close your eyes, breathe. Relax.
7. Be grateful for the day, your job, your wonderful body, your life. Gratitude knocks out negative thoughts. Negative thinking causes stress. Think, “I am grateful for…” Say, “I am so fortunate that…”
Which of these tips will you incorporate into your life today?
Will you practice breathing tonight, so you can do it tomorrow? Will you practice rolling your shoulders to reduce your stress?
Choose any three of these tips and use this stuff.
“Because You Deserve To Feel Better!”